Total Pageviews

13 March 2011

Restore Tour New Zealand 2011

After months of planning, deliberation, prayer dancing and many hours of sleep deprivation, Emily Skye has finally brought Restore Tour: Child Soldier No More to the island of Waiheke, New Zealand.  

Restore Tour: Child Soldier No More

As many of you guys know, Emily and I met whilst living in the land of Africa known as Uganda.   Emily and her New Zealand Team and I met when they came to the orphanage I've been working with over the summer with the organization called Watoto. Thats when the hearts for Africa collided.  To sum up a long story: I moved over the the island-o-dreams to work under the wing of Emily. Small world, Big connections :)  For the time of me being here, Emily has been working on getting the children from Uganda over to the island so that the village of Waiheke can meet, see, and personally hear the stories of the children that they have proudly been sponsoring ever since Emily has Founded the 


After Months of organizing: The Children came. The Children went. But their stories that they left behind have forever changed the hearts of those who have heard it.




Day of the concert, nothing but blue and beautiful clouds to greet ze day!
After a week of draining rainstorms.







Maka hard at work instructing the volunteers how to work the food stand


Anthony sizzlin away


refreshments...




Nat doing her sale speech: 'its for the children..'




check out them cumulous :)

such a good head count turn out!


Once again, Em's getting interviewed for the hundredth time. Magazines, Newspapers, and News Media all spreading the good word of the Children's Stories.


Cheers to Emily and her Faith that got the Village project to where its at today and that brought the Children to a home away from their home.
Major thumbs up!


The entire show was awesome and heart changing.  But my favorite beyond favorite part, was when the children were doing their studies in ttheir room and Emily and I snuck in to just sit, talk, hold and listen to them. To see them and reminisce in the Africa days from two years ago was something I sincerely needed. Thanks em.
:) 

1 comment:

Louise said...

Marvellous post! :D