I think we've all come across one of those books, where we pick up to read just so it can help ease us into a goodnights sleep, but end up getting way to into it to ironically lose more hours of sleep just by staying up to finish it. Last night I ended up getting way to in depth with where the book Forgotten God by Francis Chan had taken me.
I started this book last night because i was having a tough time sleeping, when i finally finished it, i realized it was 2 am and I laid there wide awake. Eventually, i woke back up abruptly to look at the clock to see that it was 4:52 am. I laid there wide awake. No alarm, no reason to be awake.
All i had in mind was the book. My brain went into over analyzeing mode.
Usually what i do when i'm awaken randomly in the night, is start praying for everyone and anyone and hopefully i will just end up falling asleep. Not last night. I didn't fall back asleep at all.
When i begin to start analyzing and contemplating 'life questions and decisions' there is no sign of sleep. My heart literally starts pumping and i just get way to excited thinking about all the possibilities out there once the sun begins to shine. I started thinking about India, and Cambodia, and where i'll be off to next. And what the future looks like for me, and if i'm where God wants me to be right now and BLAH BLAH BLAH. Dont get me wrong, I always go with the flow, but last night was different. My brain and my heart were speaking to me and i couldnt help but write in my journal all night.
finally when i started getting a hand AND head cramp, i put my 12 point led pencil down and looked up to see a beautiful sunrise..Thats when Jesus sang me a song last night, and i was finally able to get some shut eye.

No comments:
Post a Comment