Total Pageviews

19 July 2011

Here's To Now.



All my friends are getting older, I guess that I am as well.

Without their love and kindness, I don't know what I'd do.

The wine bottle is half empty, the money has all been spent.

We're a cross between our parents, and hippies in a tent.

-Jack Johnson "Spring Wind"



Here we go again. Once in a while, a great documentary or novel will cross my path and the light within strikes right back up and my mind begins to analyze a way into sorting out dreamland Catiy thoughts into reality Catiy life. Living in peaceful New Zealand, I have been panning out my next season of life and what it may look like. With a little bit of island and country intwined with the influence of hispanic and guacamole, with the additional weight of emotional attachment to family appreciation back home in California and a major 2 month fam-bam sickness, my thoughts of a cure is to head home for the sister's birthday. Aunty's wedding, Father's Fiftieth. Parents Anniversary. Thanksgiving. Christmas. After Christmas in December i'll dispatch to Truckee for a solid month just flatting and snowboarding, until february comes around, head down south, depending on whether I'm still into studies and how well opportunities open up, in the 5 months of events back home, i'll pick up a job or two and work all at the same time to have money for a cheap RV or just station wagon. Depending on the finances i'll either stay and live in san diego and work heaps while studying and continue studies for the next 3-4 months of my unit. I'll study and save up, then once semester end start making my way down to South America. I'll do some research and pin point the exact cities that i want to see for sure, (although roadies like this always take me to everywhere BUT where i pan out to go) and see if there are any available orphanages or english speaking courses i can lend service to in order to trade for a roof over my head and a meal here and there. Reminder, this is all just a seed. But i've got a good feeling about this, if anyone wants to join, always welcome, the only requirements are you have to be able to go weeks without showering, not high maintenance, not picky with food, and love mexican food. If you fit those requirements, just let me know.

No comments: