“You have a right to experiment with your life. You will make mistakes. And they are right too. No, I think there was too rigid a pattern. You came out of an education and are supposed to know your vocation. Your vocation is fixed, and maybe ten years later you find you are not a teacher anymore or you’re not a painter anymore. It may happen. It has happened. I mean Gauguin decided at a certain point he wasn’t a banker anymore; he was a painter. And so he walked away from banking. I think we have a right to change course. But society is the one that keeps demanding that we fit in and
n o t
d i s t u r b
t h i n g s .
-Anaïs Nin
n o t
d i s t u r b
t h i n g s .
They would like you to fit in right away so that things work now.”
-Anaïs Nin
No comments:
Post a Comment